New Blogger vs Legacy Blogger

In May, Blogger announced that there is a new fresh interface for everyone. I love the new look and I was excited to try it but only to realize that the user experience is different and it caused a roadblock for me as i'm using it together with Flickr. So here's the comparison between old and new.

Old Blogger
This is my usual steps when i post pictures in the blog content. In Flickr, i will select the size that i prefer and then copy the embed link.


In Blogger, i'll paste the link here and then i'll just toggle between Compose and HTML buttons (top left)



When i clicked back to Compose, the url will automatically converted to photo. Somehow i can't do this in the new layout. When i search for FAQ, there's one question seems similar but no replies in that thread. But thank god old posts using this method were not affected.

New Blogger
So I used the HTML view (top right) button where it goes into HTML editing mode just like the old legacy one. But when i toggled back to normal editing mode....no magic *cry* The same steps is not working anymore. 


I have tried using 'Insert Image' function but the url is not recognisable unless i removed everything else except for livestatic url which ends with .jpg. But this won't link back to my Flickr page though!

Besides, to remove a big chunk of the URL for each photos are very tedious. I used a lot of photos in my blog posts.

I have also tried using 'Inser or Edit Link' function. This doesn't make sense but yeah i tried it and it doesn't work. 

I have sent feedback but no news yet. Hope somebody realizes this issue and find a solution. Or is it because Blogger is restricting the image uploading only to these 4 options? Aigooo, i'm so stressed out. I've paid few hundreds for my Flickr subscription but i cannot fully use it. 


For now i just continued using the legacy blogger. But they will discontinued soon in July. Ottoke?! 
"We’ll be moving everyone to the new interface over the coming months. Starting in late June, many Blogger creators will see the new interface become their default, though they can revert to the old interface by clicking “Revert to legacy Blogger” in the left-hand navigation. By late July, creators will no longer be able to revert to the legacy Blogger interface."

Comments